Polenta is an Italian side dish that has become a great American favorite being served along side delicious main courses like Italian Pot Roast. Parmesan Polenta is creamy and has an earthy taste that compliments other dishes that have heavy Sauces well. Use high quality Cheeses for the best flavored Polenta. Grits and Mush are also basically the same thing as Polenta, boiled Cornmeal. Call it Polenta and you can charge more the Cornmeal makers figured out. Bob's Red Mill brand has a good coarse ground Cornmeal that works well in this recipe. Call it what you want, Polenta is delicious when you are Cooking The Amazing.
Here is the recipe.
5 c Water
2 t Fine Grain Sea Salt
1 1/2 c Coarse Grind Corn Meal (Polenta)
2 c Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 1/2 c Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
4 oz Cream Cheese
1 Stick Of Butter
1 1/4 c Heavy Cream
1 t Dried Oregano
1/2 t Fine Grain Sea Salt
1 t Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Shaved Parmesan To Garnish
1. Over high heat bring 5 c of Water to the boil and add 2 t of Sea Salt and stir until dissolved.
2. Add the Corn Meal and stir immediately to avoid lumps. Turn the heat down to medium-low as soon as you begin to stir. Stir until the Polenta becomes thick, about 5 minutes.
3. Continue to cook on medium-low while stirring continuously until the Polenta is soft and cooked, about 7-10 more minutes.
4. Once soft turn off the heat and stir in the Cheeses, Cream Cheese, Butter, Heavy Cream, Sea Salt, Black Pepper and Oregano until well combined.
5. Taste for seasoning and add more Sea Salt or Pepper as needed. Serve immediately with shaved Parmesan over the top.
COPYRIGHT (c) 2012