Kale is one of the super foods that is so good for you and happens to taste delicious especially when sauteed with fresh Lemon and Garlic. A little Bacon doesn't hurt either. Kale can be served with most Meats like a roast Pork Loin or eaten as a main course if pared with a starch to balance it like Creamy Mashed Potatoes or Polenta. Be sure to use fresh Lemon and Garlic to bring out the best flavor of the Kale because they are the dominate flavor enhancers and that plastic bottle of Lemon Juice or Garlic powder will only make your dish taste dull. You can cook healthy and tasty when you are Cooking The Amazing.
Here is the recipe.
1 lb. Fresh Chopped Kale
5 Strips of Bacon
2 T Bacon Fat
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
3 T Shallot, Minced
1/4 c Water
3/4 t Fine Grain Sea Salt
1 t Fresh Black Pepper
1 T Red Wine Vinegar
1 T Fresh Lemon Zest
1 T Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
1. Chop the Kale into 2 inch pieces removing any tough stems. Some tender stems near the leaf top are fine to chop and use. Zest a Lemon and reserve 1 T of Zest and juice 1 T of Lemon Juice to use in the end of the recipe. Set aside.
2. Use a large pot that is big enough to hold all of the Kale. Cook Bacon until crisp over medium heat and reserve 2 T of Bacon fat in the pot. Set the Bacon aside to use later.
3. Over medium heat add the minced Garlic and Shallot and cook for 1 minute in the Bacon Fat.
4. Add the Kale, in batches if your pot is too small to take it all at once, to the hot Garlic and Shallot and toss coating with the Bacon Fat and Garlic and Shallot.
5. Add the Water and cover with a lid and cook over medium heat for 6 minutes. Remove lid after 6 minutes and stir well.
6. Add Sea Salt and Black Pepper and stir well. Allow any Water to evaporate if it is pooling in the bottom of the pan and continue to cook for about 2 minutes more. Move the Kale to one side of the pan and allow the Water to pool and cook off on the cleared side.
7. Add the Red Wine Vinegar, Lemon Zest and Fresh Lemon Juice and stir in well. Cook for about 1 minute more then taste for seasoning adding Sea Salt or Pepper or more Vinegar or Lemon Juice as needed. Season to your taste. Crumble the reserved cooked Bacon and sprinkle on top and serve immediately.
COPYRIGHT (c) 2012