Whipped Cream can make a bad dessert good and a good dessert amazing. Sure, using a pressurized spray can is easy, but it doesn't take much work to get a better tasting homemade Whipped Cream. There are some simple steps to help ensure your Whipped Cream will have optimum results. By using very cold beaters and a very cold mixing bowl, whipping the cream will be easier and with more stable peaks. Use billowy sweet mounds of Whipped Cream to make Cream Puffs or top your favorite Pie and you will be Cooking The Amazing.
Here is the recipe.
- 1 c Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 T Powdered Sugar
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- Place your hand mixer's beaters, a deep bowl (metal works best), and the carton of Heavy Whipping Cream into your freezer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the Heavy Whipping Cream into the cold bowl and start beating on high moving the beaters in fast circles.
- After 3 mins. of beating, add the Powdered Sugar and beat for 1 more minute.
- Add the Vanilla Extract during the 4th minute of beating.
- Beat until you double the volume of the cream into semi-stiff peaks.
- Serve immediately.
Click here for my delicious Cream Puff recipe.
COPYRIGHT (c) 2009