Here is the recipe.
7 Medium Apples (Golden Delicious, Cortland, etc.)
1 c Dark Brown Sugar Packed
1 t Ground Cinnamon
1/4 t Ground Nutmeg
1 1/2 t Vanilla Extract
1 1/4 c All Purpose Flour
3/4 c Sugar
Small Pinch Of Sea Salt
1 1/2 t Baking Soda
2 t Vanilla Extract
1 c Whole Milk
1 Stick Butter, Melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Peel and core Apples and slice into large slices placing them into a large bowl.
2. Add 1 c packed Dark Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and 1 1/2 t Vanilla Extract and mix with the Apples until well combined. Set aside and allow the natural Juices to develop.
3. In another medium bowl add the All Purpose Flour, Sugar, very small pinch of Sea Salt and mix well with a spoon. Then add the Milk and 2 t of Vanilla Extract and mix until smooth. Set aside.
4. In a large pan over medium heat on the stove top simmer all the Apples and Brown Sugar mixture with any Juices that developed for 6-7 minutes, until the Apples begin to shrink and get soft. Remove from the heat and set aside.
5. Microwave 1 stick of Butter in a microwave proof bowl. Divide it in half and pour half into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Reserve the other 1/2 for the last step.
6. Pour the Batter you made gently over the melted Butter in the baking dish. DO NOT MIX together.
7. Spoon the cooked Apples over the Batter in the baking dish gently, distributing them evenly. Then drizzle all of the Syrup left in the pan evenly over the Apples.
8. Drizzle the reserved 1/2 stick of melted Butter over the top of everything evenly.
9. Place the baking dish on a Cookie Sheet for safe and easy transport to and from the oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees until the top is evenly browned. Allow to rest for 30 minutes to set up. Serve warm topped with Vanilla Ice Cream or with my recipe for perfect Whipped Cream.
COPYRIGHT (c) 2012