A cup of steaming Hot Chocolate can literally warm your insides on a cold winter's day. Coming inside from the blowing wet snow to a warm fire and cup of creamy Hot Chocolate sounds romantic and can be easily achieved in less than five minutes (assuming you have a gas fireplace that turns on with a switch.) I'm talking about real Hot Chocolate. The kind that is made from real Chocolate with rich Half and Half and Cocoa to deepen the Chocolate flavor. You can up the flavor by adding Peppermint Extract or serve Hot Chocolate over a scoop of cold Vanilla Ice Cream as a dessert. When you are Cooking The Amazing Hot Chocolate is as Amazing as it can get.
Here is the recipe for 1 serving.
1 c Half and Half
1 T Dutch Processed Cocoa
3 T Sugar
1 t Vanilla Extract
1/4 t Ground Cinnamon
1/4 c Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
Whipped Cream Or Marshmallows To Top
1. This recipe is per serving. So, double or triple it, etc. as needed.
2. In a pot over medium heat bring Half and Half just to a simmer. Stir in Cocoa, Sugar, Vanilla Extract and Cinnamon. Allow to simmer for 1 minute constantly stirring.
3. Pour 1/4 c of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips into bottom of a large mug. Use good Chocolate like Ghirardelli brand. I use Ghirardelli 60% Cocao Bittersweet Chips found at most markets.
4. Pour the hot Milk mixture over the Chocolate Chips and stir until the Chocolate Chips have melted and are well mixed into the hot Milk mixture.
5. Top with Whipped Cream or Marshmallows and serve immediately.
TIP: Add 1/2 t of Peppermint Extract for Hot Mint Chocolate.
COPYRIGHT (c) 2011