Here is the recipe.
2 cans Oil Packed Tuna (5 oz. each) drained
1 T reserved Oil from the Canned Tuna
Zest of 1 Lemon
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1/4 c Finely Chopped Celery
1/4 c Finely Chopped Red Onion
1/4 c Diced Tomato
1 T Capers, drained
1/2 t Fine Grain Sea Salt
1 t Fresh Ground Black Pepper
10 Fresh Basil Leaves, julieanned
1. Drain the Oil from 2 cans of Tuna and reserve 1 T.
Place the Tuna in a large bowl. Add the 1 T of Tuna Oil from the can back to the drained Tuna. I use Italian Oil packed Tuna which is very flavorful but you can use any store bought Tuna like Starkist brand. Make sure it is packed in Oil not spring water. If you haven't tried Italian canned Tuna, you must. There are several brands in local markets or if you have an Italian specialty store it will be there.
2. Zest a Lemon over the top of the drained Tuna. Be sure to zest only the yellow part and none of the bitter white pithy part.
3. Chop the Celery, Red Onion, and Tomato into small dice and place in the bowl. Add 1 T Capers and the Juice of 1/2 of the Lemon and the Sea Salt and Pepper.
4. Mix all well with a spoon and taste for need for more Salt or Pepper or Lemon Juice.
5. Stack all the fresh Basil leaves on top of each other and roll tight like a cigar. Slice across with a knife into ribbons. This is how to julieanne or chiffonade something. Stir in the basil and cover tightly and refrigerate until cold before serving.
COPYRIGHT (c) 2011