It's usually only on Sunday mornings, special Sunday's at that, that we eat French Toast at my house. But, lately with all this Brioche Bread making going on, it's been a Sunday French Toast breakfast even on a regular Wednesday. The above picture is from yesterday's breakfast of amazing Brioche French Toast with a hint of Cinnamon and sweet Brown Sugar with thick Maple Syrup and fresh Berries. You can use any great tasting Bread for French Toast but Brioche really makes the best. For a special breakfast, like a birthday or Mum's Day, you could even make French Toast even more amazing by topping it with Banana Pineapple Foster Sauce. This would be for someone very special indeed! No matter how you choose to top it, Toasted Pecans and Maple Syrup, Bacon and Maple Syrup or just a dash of Powdered Sugar, French Toast is an all time favorite when you are Cooking The Amazing.
Here is the Recipe.
6 Thick Slices of Bread (preferably Brioche)
3 T Butter
1 c Half and Half
2 Large Eggs
1/4 c Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 t Ground Cinnamon
1 t Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Sea Salt, fine grain
1. If you have a whole loaf of Bread , slice your Bread into thick 1 inch slices. The best Bread for French Toast is Brioche. You can make it using my recipe HERE or buy a good quality one. Any good Bread will work well for French Toast. Challah, French Bread or Sour Dough also make amazing French Toast.2. In a shallow dish whisk the Half and Half, Eggs, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Vanilla and Sea Salt well. Heat a medium pan over medium heat and Melt 3 T of Butter in it.
3. Place your Bread into the Half and Half mixture and allow to soak for 30 secs. then flip to the other side and soak for 30 secs. as your pan heats up.
4. Place into the pan of melted Butter and cook on both sides for 2-4 minutes on each side until well browned.
5. Once browned remove to platter or plate and top with your favorite toppings and serve immediately.
6. Some amazing toppings to try: Mixed Berries, Hot Maple Syrup over Fried Bacon, Whipped Cream and fresh Bananas, Blueberry or Strawberry Jam, Applesauce and Cinnamon or Mascarpone Cheese and Fresh Cherries.
Banana Pineapple Foster Sauce on top of this French Toast would be the ultimate!
COPYRIGHT (c) 2011
Post a Comment