With all those Strawberries you picked at your local farm or from your own patch you have to use them or freeze fast before they go bad. Strawberry Sauce is one way to use up your berries if your freezer space is limited. Strawberry Sauce makes everything taste better especially if it is a hot stack of Sunday Pancakes or a scoop or two of Vanilla Ice Cream. Choose bright red firm Strawberries to make a smooth and thick sauce. The sauce can also be used to make Strawberry Butter Cream Icing or drizzled over Pound Cake layered with fresh Whipped Cream and fresh sliced Strawberries for the best Strawberry Shortcake ever. Blend it with Milk and Vanilla Ice Cream for an amazing Strawberry Shake. You will be Cooking The Amazing with every sweet bite!
Here is the recipe.
2 lbs Fresh Strawberries
1 1/4 c Sugar
1 T Lemon Juice, fresh
1. Hull and chop fresh Strawberries and place in a large bowl.
2. Pour in the Lemon Juice, fresh squeezed, and stir to distribute well.
3. Add the sugar and stir well. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit at room temperature for 2 hours.
4. After 2 hours, stir well and place in a blender and blend until liquid.
5. Taste for sweetness. Fresh Strawberries vary in flavor and sweetness. Add more sugar if needed or if too sweet add 2 T of cold water and reblend.
6. Strain through a fine strainer over a large bowl using a rubber spatula to force through leaving seeds behind.
7. Place in a medium sauce pan and on medium heat bring to a simmer for 10 minutes stirring frequently.
8. Place simmered Strawberry Sauce in a glass jar and refrigerate for 4 hours before using for a thicker sauce or serve right away for a thinner warm sauce.
TIP: Use this Strawberry Sauce drizzled over my rich Chocolate Cake for the ultimate dessert.
Copyright (c) 2010