Roasted Vegetables are a simple way to get your daily Veggie intake because when you roast Asparagus, Broccoli, or your favorite Veg like Green Beans at a high heat, they become delicious tender side dishes that everyone will want seconds of. The aroma of nutty Roasted Vegetables and the true flavor roasting brings out will make those pale, limp, and soggy boiled veggies a thing of the past. You can roast almost any vegetable because it is so easy and takes just a few minutes to prepare. Consider roasting Red Bell Peppers, Red Onions, or Whole Mushrooms using the following recipe and you will be Cooking The Amazing.
Here is the recipe.
2 lbs. Fresh washed Asparagus, Broccoli,
or Green Beans (Or your favorite
or Green Beans (Or your favorite
3-4 T Olive Oil
1 1/2 tsp Salt (preferably fine Sea Salt)
1 1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Optional: Garlic, Red Pepper Flakes, Lemon, Parmesan Cheese, Balsamic Vinegar (see below)
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil which will help with clean up later.
3. Wash and blot dry your Vegetable of choice with a kitchen towel.
4. For Asparagus, trim off any woody ends and if the stalk is very thick use a vegetable peeler and shave off the thick outer flesh of the lower one third of the stalk to expose the most tender part.
5. For Green Beans, cut off both ends and remove the string if present. Leave them whole.
6. For Broccoli, cut off florets into whole pieces.
7. Using your hands, toss the prepared Vegetables with the Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper and arrange in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
8. Roast at 400 degrees in the center rack of your oven for 15-20 minutes (Broccoli may take 25-30 mins) turning over with a spatula half way through roasting for even cooking.
9. The Vegetables will become brown on the edges which is a good sign that it is caramelizing well.
10. If you prefer softer Vegetables with more caramelized flavor, cook longer watching it close.
11. Options: In step 7, before tossing with the Olive Oil: slice thin 3-4 cloves of fresh Garlic and place in a small pan with 4 T of Olive Oil over medium heat. Cook until the garlic just begins to brown and remove from the heat. Toss the Garlic and Oil with your Vegetables and proceed as above adding Salt and Pepper then roast as directed.
Another option is to add 1/2-1 t of Dried Red Pepper Flakes when you are tossing with the Olive Oil and Salt and Pepper for a spicy kick.
12. Remove from the oven when the Vegetables are tender and browned testing at 15 minutes and roasting longer if needed. Serve Immediately.
13. Options: Squeeze fresh Lemon Juice and/or add grated Lemon Peel immediately when you remove from oven and serve.
Or sprinkle with several drops of Balsamic Vinegar and toss then serve.
Or grate Fresh Parmesan Cheese over the top and serve immediately.
14. Be creative and mix your favorite Vegetables and roast together like Green Beans and Red Onions or Mushrooms and Asparagus with Garlic.
COPYRIGHT (c) 2010
Thanks for all the ideas. Can't wait to try each to mix it up and get our veggie intake.
Find out the amount of calories in broccoli. ... Next time your in the supermarket, add broccoli to your trolley. How many calories in Broccoli?
Great post on "ROASTED ASPARAGUS AND BROCCOLI". As a professional chef i have to appreciate your work. Keep Posting useful posts like this. Keep in touch with my websites- cooking course dubai | icing course
Delicious! Just tried this recipe i used grape seed oil instead of olive oil it's so delicious.
Thanks for sharing 😁
Great post on "ROASTED ASPARAGUS AND BROCCOLI". As a professional chef i have to appreciate your work. Keep Posting useful posts like this. Keep in touch with my websites- chef colleges dubai | chef courses dubai
Today, I?m back with more metabolism-boosting tips from Metabolic Cooking authors Dave Ruel & Karine Losier
This time with NINE fat incinerating salad dressing ingredients:
All Natural Dijon Mustard can actually have a profound effect on metabolism, even at rest, as well as improving overall digestion and nutrient utiliization.
Apple Cider Vinegar aids in weightloss by detoxifying the liver, increasing metabolism, and supressing hunger levels!
White and Red Wine Vinegar have been shown to improve blood sugar levels, reduce insulin, and slow digestion.
And if that wasn't enough, other herbs and spices such as ginger, garlic, lemon, cayenne, basil, parsley, and thyme have all been shown to have significant metabolism-boosting properties as they stimulate your taste buds to boot!
Fact is, when you learn how to cook with the right ingredients, you can really begin to enjoy both the fat-burning properties and the ultimate flavor of the foods you use to slim your waist.
And that's exactly what Dave and Karine have put together in the Metabolic Cooking series -- more than 250 mouth-watering, fat-annihilating recipes for you to choose from. And of course, they also have many fat burning salad dressing recipe!
Check it out here: 250+ Mouth-watering Metabolic Cooking Recipes <------- Quick & Easy!
I always enjoy your all blogs about different kinds of dessert and food recipes. And today I want to request you for make any content about baklava. Because every day many people asked me where to buy baklava online that's after taking a recipe from you I'll start my own online business.
Post a Comment