Incredible Brownies. Two words that will immediately come to mind after the first bite of these rich, moist Brownies. Brownies are a true classic American treat that everyone loves. Especially when they have deep Chocolate flavor that melts in your mouth with every bite. It is important to use good Chocolate for the ultimate Chocolate Brownie. Better Chocolate makes a better Brownie. These Brownies are not your average box mix tasting Brownies. They have a complex flavor unlike any other Brownie you have tasted. Bake these incredible Brownies and you are Cooking The Amazing.
TIP: Prepare these Brownies with GANACHE for a truly decadent incredible Brownie. After Brownies have cooled to room temperature, pour hot ganache over the pan of Brownies and refrigerate until the Ganache is firm. Remove Brownies and allow to come to room temperature to serve.
Here is the recipe.
- 2 Sticks Butter, unsalted, softened
- 2 c Sugar
- 1 c Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 t Fine Grain Sea Salt
- 4 Large Eggs (room temperature)
- 1 T Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 c All Purpose Flour
- 1 c Baking Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 t Baking Powder
- 1 1/4 c Chocolate Chips, semi-sweet
- Veg Oil Spray (Like Pam) for the pan
- See Optional add ins below, add 1 1/2 cups each
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with Vegetable Oil Spray (like Pam). You can also line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium pan, melt Butter over medium-low heat on the stove top then remove from heat.
- Add the Sugar, Brown Sugar and Sea Salt and mix well off heat.
- Add the eggs, one by one, mixing well between each addition then add the Vanilla Extract. Try not to whip the eggs into a froth.
- In a medium bowl whisk the All Purpose Flour, Baking Cocoa Powder and 1/4 t Baking Powder until well combined.
- Add all the Flour mixture to the melted Butter/Egg mixture until just mixed then add Chocolate Chips and any add ins (see TIP below) and mix. Do not over mix. When there are no signs of the Flour stop mixing.
- Bake for 33-35 minutes in the center rack of your oven until center is just set. Rotate the Brownies half way through baking for even baking. Do not over bake or the Brownies will be dry and tough. The Brownies will be puffy then deflate when they cool. All ovens vary with how fast they bake. The toothpick test does not work on this recipe because they are super moist.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting in the pan. This is important. These Brownies taste best when completely cooled after 4 hours when they have a chance to set. It is hard to make Brownies and not eat them right away but the flavor does improve a lot if you can wait. Over night is even better. Store in an air tight container when cooled.
TIP: Use the best Cocoa Powder and Chocolate Chips you can find like Ghirardelli or chop Dove Dark Chocolate candies into pieces in place of the Chocolate Chips. It will make a huge difference.
TIP: OPTIONS: Add ins to try like dried Cherries, White Chocolate Chips, Walnuts, Macadamia Nuts, Pecans, cut up Snickers or Mounds Bars, or mini Reese Cups for an even more amazing Brownie. Add about 1 1/2 cups of each. And/Or cover with GANACHE and allow to set in the refrigerator. See GANACHE recipe.
COPYRIGHT (c) 2009